Tuesday, October 11, 2011

blog entry 5

Photoshop has a bunch of nifty tools that you are able to use that can make the appearance of your picture look better than it actually is. Some tools that are available are the spot healing tool, red eye tool, the color adjustment tool, the sharpening tool, and the cropping tool. Photoshop has many more tools as well but I did not use any of these tools in the pictures I used. In my collage these are some of the tools I used to make the picture better.
                In some of my pictures I used the spot healing tool. I used this tool because in the pictures I had taken people had blemishes on their face, and nobody like a blemish on their face, especially in a picture. I hate it when you take a picture of somebody and then after I take it they have red eyes, it makes the look demonic. Luckily Photoshop offers the red eye tool to where you can fix it to where the person or people in your picture or pictures do not have red eyes. In all my pictures I used the color adjustment tool. I used this tool because nobody has perfectly white teeth in my pictures. When using this tool you are able to make the appearance of your teeth a lot whiter than they actually are. In one of my pictures I used the sharpen tool because it was a little fuzzy. So when I used this particular tool it cleaned up the blurry edges a little bit. Finally I used the crop tool. I had to use the crop tool to cut out things that did not really have anything importance in the picture or I needed it crop it out because the picture was too big for the canvas.
                The top right hand picture depicts the photography element of balance because the picture wasn’t taken straight on. It was a bit of an angle. Another picture depicts framing because when you first look at it you notice Jenna and when you look at it a second time you notice the background. The background shows she is in class. Therefore the background is just as important as the focus.
Because of Photoshop we are able to make are pictures better. We are able to manipulate them to make them look better.

No comments:

Post a Comment